In addition to poured rubber flooring for playgrounds, pool decks, and other safety surfaces, another option is prefabricated rubber playground tiles. The prefabricated rubber mat playground tiles we use at adventureTURF are 24″ x 24″ square tiles that are very durable. The rubber safety tiles come in a wide variety of colors and can be installed in any pattern, so you can get creative, making them perfect for recreational, playground, and safety surfaces. Some folks call these “pour in place rubber mats”. In any case, the 100% post-consumer recycled material is manufactured for playgrounds and areas where fall height safety is a concern and can be installed to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Learn more about our handicap accessible safety surface flooring.
Rubber Safety Tiles for Playgrounds & More!
- 24″ x 24″ rubber tiles
- Available in both 2-1/2″ and 4-1/4″ thickness
- ADA compliant edges and accessories
- Rubber mat surface made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials
- Porous, ideal for exterior or interior surfaces
- Customizable designs with many standard colors, combinations, and designs
- Meets requirements of ASTM F-1292-04 of 6′ to 8′ critical fall heights
- Eligible for LEED® credits and state grants
Playground Rubber Mat Installation
We can install rubber playground safety tiles/mats anywhere in the continental USA.
Here’s an example of installing the rubber mat safety tiles on a series of rooftop playgrounds and child care centers in New York City. The playgrounds were in need of a safe and durable rubber surface for the children to play on and we were able to establish a partnership with a construction equipment company so we were able to lift pallets of the rubber surface tiles and other materials up to the rooftops. You can read more about the rooftop playground surface project here.